Sunday, May 16, 2010

Swami Detective // Apr 6, 2010 at 7:48 am


The Sannai guard presumably tried to contact someone higher up as soon as the blast took place. If I was the Sannai guard I would try to either contact main-gate security, or Dhyanesh directly. From what I here of main-gate security, it would seem that Sannai guard contacted Dhyanesh directly. You see if the Sannai guard tried to get into contact with Dhyanesh but could not do so, the presumably the Sannai guard would have contacted main-gate security, and it would have been them who made efforts to contact Dhyanesh. From this I draw the conclusion that Dhyanesh would have been informed of a major situation at the German Bakery just after the blast took place. Dhyanesh then presumably immediately left whatever he was doing, and went to Sannai, passing main-gate security on the way. If this was the way things went, I would be interested in knowing what Dhyanesh said to main-gate security. I also find it strange the main-gate security could not contact Dhyanesh, not even a beeper (ever heard of mobile phones)? Was the phone at Sannai out of order, though working just shortly beforehand?

If Dhyanesh did receive a phone call from Sannai guard just after the blast, and if he did not immediately respond then I would like to no why. Perhaps he was in a meeting at the time with Jayesh. The Sannai guard is say as the crow flies around 80 metres from the blast. I assume the explosion would have been quite loud from that distance. I also assume that the mayhem (the screams etc) would have also been particularly troubling at that distance. I am a betting man. I bet that the Sannai guard ran the 20 yards or so to the corner of North Main Road and had a little peak at what happened. Wouldn’t you? What do you think he would have seen? I heard one body was blown across North Main Road and into a neighbouring residential society. The carnage, the smell, the smoke, the fire, the screaming, would all have been unimaginable. From the corner of North Main Road, at a distance of lets say 70 metres, I can bet the imagery would have been very clear. I assume from this that the Sannai guard would have made some basic facts very clear to Dhyanesh, that would have left little doubt in his mind about the serious nature of the incident. Really, given the recent and repeated information passed to the resort from the police about the possibility of a terrorist attack, and assuming the Sannai guard said there was a loud explosion and agonizing screams and utter mayhem etc., then surely it should have immediately been flagged as a possible bombing. Surely it should also have been immediately flagged that it may not be an isolated incident. I accept it may also be considered a gas cylinder blast, but under the circumstances surely the priority should have been given to treating it as a possible bombing. In this event one thing I certainly would not have done is ran to the blast site without first discussing the situation with main-gate security. I would also certainly have not run to the site without enacting the emergency security plan (that was widely touted in the media as being invincible).

Again I repeat, if Dhyanesh did receive a phone call from the Sannai guard just after the blast, and if he did not immediately respond, then I would like to no why. If he was in a meeting with Jayesh when he took the call from the Sannai guard, then presumably he passed on this information to Jayesh. Again I repeat, surely the information from the Sannai guard would have been of a most troubling nature. Given the preceding threats of terrorism, if someone was just 100 yards from the Bakery blast, I am sure that if they immediately phoned me, they would have convinced me that it was in all likelihood a major terrorist bombing. In the back of my mind I would also have considered the pitiful state of gas cylinders in India. But then again, the German Bakery’s cylinders are locked up in a small compartment with metal framed and metal sheeted doors for protection.

If Dhyanesh passed the information he received from Sannai guard immediately onto Jayesh, then what did Jayesh then do? One active thing that I have heard he did was get Sudheer to ban the sannyasin who tried to get the DJ to lower the music so he could inform the party goers of what just happened at the German Bakery. The only other active thing I have heard he did was get out of the country.

From what I can glean, Jayesh (or perhaps better to say the management in general) tried to pretend that nothing happened, and hope that it would all blow away. It has nothing to do with them. Just make it business as usual and ignore the bad stuff (even if it has direct implications for the resort). Sweep it under the bed mentality.

Nadia was an Osho sannyassin but not a real one. She was with that nutty swan Zen Dolano women down the road anyhow. (Of course Nadia no doubt was first drawn to Koregaon Park because of the Osho resort). Who cares about that Thai guy, oops that Taiwanese guy. The Bakery, well it was just a dingy little place anyhow. It was full of prostitutes, drug addicts, and banned Osho sannyassins.

I get all this, but what I do not get is why management appears to have done nothing to protect its very own clientele. Actually it appears they did everything possible to put them at risk of serious harm. What about your brand image?

I read about this guy Abhay who got banned and threatened and assaulted for complaining about the state of the water. Last time he was in town he lived under a bench at the German Bakery. He fits the description of a German Bakery loser. He’s a drug addict, a banned Osho sannyasin, and I suppose he must also visit prostitutes. Oh yeah, and he is also a dangerous and violent criminal. It just can’t be true all those terrible things Abhay has been saying. As if the resort would let its visitors drink contaminated drinking water (and in India mind you). As if the resort would have Abhay banned because he wanted to fix the water. Utterly absurd!!!

You know what, I bet it’s just like the water! Shantam saw the connection straight away.
LoL

No comments:

Post a Comment